Can you smell the nostalgia from here? Bagel bites were the after school snack I craved, jumping out of the school bus running home for them. I was always the basic cheese lover. Now, my taste buds have grown up and I love supreme everything, so I did both here. And what really hits the nail on the head in this recipe is the tiny cubed cheese. I remember ripping open the box after school and making sure I got EVERY little frozen cheese cube from the packaging to put on my bagel bites. Never left a frozen cheese cube behind.
Another trick was making sure to get yellow and white cheese – Colby Jack. That’s a bagel bite signature look right there. These bites were heavy handed, I did not skimp on these toppings. You of course can use any topping you prefer but these two are my all time favorites 🙂 & now you can carry on the after school snack tradition, but making it extra special, making them from scratch.
What you need…
makes 24 (12 cheese, 12 supreme)
-what you need-
- 12 mini bagels, cut in half
- Jar of good pizza sauce
- 8 ounce block of colby jack cheese, cubed
- 8 ounce block of mozzarella, cubed
- Supreme pizza toppings cubed (black olives, pepperoni, sausage, onion & peppers)
-what to do-
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Place your bagels onto your baking sheet, you will have 24 – 1/2 bagels, & top with pizza sauce. About 1 Tbs per bagel
- Next add on your toppings, I did half cheese half supreme.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until cheese is melted and bagels are slightly toasted.
- Serve right away & with a side of my fav, ranch!!
What does a pizza wear to smell good?