This is my go to chocolate chip cookie recipe and it is no fail, every time. Crispy edges, gooey center, mounds of chocolate. THE classic chocolate chip cookie. Santa may not even leave your house if you put these puppies out.
My weird trick I do, and I really don’t know why it became a thing… I scoop the dough ball mounds onto parchment, top with extra chocolate chips, then let it sit out for 15 minutes. It creates like a dry exterior on the dough before you bake. I don’t know if this really makes a difference but it’s just what I do 😂 but let me shut up and give you the recipe.
Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
makes 12-15 cookies
takes 35-40 minutes
-what you need-
- 1 stick room temp/softened salted butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 Tbs vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup Ghirardelli bitter sweet chips
- 3/4 cup Ghirardelli milk chocolate chips
- Extra bitter sweet chips for topping
-what to do-
- In a stand mixer or bowl with hand mixer, beat together butter, sugars and vanilla until creamed, about 3 minutes.
- Add the egg and beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes
- Add in the baking soda, salt and flour and mix until well combined.
- Add in the chocolate chips and mix until combined.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment and preheat oven to 370 degrees.
- Using a 1 inch scoop, scoop out 6 cookies per baking sheet and top with extra chocolate chips. I did about 6 chips per cookie, the more the merrier.
- Let cookie dough sit at room temp out in the open for 15 minutes.
- Bake at 370 for 10-12 minutes until the edges JUST start to brown. Centers will be underbaked and white, this is exactly what you want.
- Let cool for 15-20 minutes until firm and Enjoy!!!!
What is Homer Simpson’s favorite ice cream?
chocolate chip cookie D’OH.