The best ever buttermilk pancake recipe you ever did need! They are super easy and this batch is juuust big enough to share 😉 it’s what your weekend mornings crave and so will you!!
These pancakes are super fluffy, making them the perfect sponges to soak up all that butter and maple syrup! I love to add just a touch of cinnamon to the batter so the little flecks peek through. The cinnamon also adds a little warmth and gives them that extra special home made feel. You cannot go wrong with this recipe, I just know you’ll love these just as much as I do! ♥️
Buttermilk Pancakes Recipe
takes about 30 minutes
makes about 16-18, 3 inch pancakes
-what you need-
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 5 Tbs butter, melted and cooled
- Additional butter for pan, about another 4 Tbs
-what to do-
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt until combined.
- Make a well in the center of your dry mixture and add in the buttermilk, eggs and melted butter. Whisk until just combined. Small clumps will still be in your batter and let sit.
- While batter sits, bring a frying pan over medium heat then add in 1 Tbs butter, coating the pan
- Using a tablespoon or spoon, drop in your pancake batter. For smaller pancakes I did about two tablespoons per cake.
- Cook pancakes on each side about 4-5 minutes, depending how hot your stove gets. Bubbles will form around edges of your pancakes when ready to flip. They should be golden brown.
- Repeat until all pancakes are done. I like to keep my pancakes on a dish in a 200 degree oven to keep them warm as I cook the remainder cakes.
- Serve warm, with butter and syrup and enjoy!
What did the umpire say to the pancake?