The best ever, gooey, delicious, peanut butter eggs. They melt in your mouth and taste exactly like a Reese’s cup! Only better because they are homemade! I highly recommend using an egg candy mold for these to eliminate the hard work because I surely did not have one, but, if you don’t have one I got you. All you need to do is make the peanut butter filling, scoop onto a cookie sheet like a cookie, loosely form and freeze. That’s it!
I’m a huge fan of white chocolate and peanut butter so I chose to do both, white and milk chocolate coatings. But do what you love! These are perfect for Easter and I guarantee you’ll be eating them all in one sitting!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Eggs Recipe
Makes about 20 eggs
Takes about 3 hours or overnight
-what you need-
- 2 cups natural creamy peanut butter with oil (about 1 small container of peanut butter)*
- 1/2 stick salted, softened butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- good pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- 2/3 cups finely ground honey graham crackers
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- 4 tsp coconut oil
-what to do-
- In a bowl using a hand mixer, combine the peanut butter, butter, vanilla and salt until well combined.
- Next add in the powdered sugar and graham cracker until well combine. Peanut butter should thicken.
- Grab a cookie sheet and line with parchment.
- Using a 1 inch cookie scoop, scoop out peanut butter blobs onto the parchment, shaping into an egg ish shape. Otherwise, if you have an egg candy mold, that would be perfect to use. Fill er up.
- Freeze the eggs. The longer the better. You want the eggs rock solid. Overnight would be ideal if you have the time. Otherwise, 2 hours should do the trick.
- Just before you are ready to coat the peanut butter eggs in chocolate, melt your chocolate with coconut oil. For 1 1/2 cups chocolate, add 2 tsp coconut oil. I did both white and milk, use your favorite. You can melt in microwave or use double boiler but double boiler works best.
- Take your eggs out of the freezer in batches of 5. The goal is to keep your eggs cold this entire process. Drop your egg into the melted chocolate, working fast using a fork, coat in the chocolate and tap off the excess and place back onto parchment lined sheet and continue with batch. Place immediately back in the freezer. Continue until all eggs are done.
- Once the chocolate shell hardens, eat and enjoy!!!
What is the Easter Bunny’s favorite kind of music?