It’s just something about combining chocolate, oatmeal, coffee and then salting it all that just makes this big mix of sweet emotions. Or is that just me? I also wanna talk about the puddles of chocolate. For years, you guys, years…. I’ve been dying for freakin chocolate puddles on cookies and I found the dang chocolate chips that do just that!!
I mean, jUsT lOoK aT iT 😂
These cookies are jam packed with chocolate, because if I ain’t need a glass of milk after biting a cookie, that cookie ain’t for me. Ok so the chocolate, Ghirardelli. They are in a purple bag, look for that purple bag girl, and they are 72% cacao. They are bigger coin like chips and melt wonderfully. You’ll never use another chip again.
Salted Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
makes about 18 cookies
takes about 30 minutes
– what you need –
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) softened butter
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbs concentrated coffee (2 Tbs very hot water mixed with one packet instant coffee)
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 1 1/2 cups Ghirardelli 72% cacao chips + remainder of bag for topping cookies
- Flaky salt
– what to do –
- In a bowl with mixer, beat together the butter and sugars until creamed
- Next add in the egg, vanilla and coffee and mix until fluffy
- Then add in the flour, baking soda, salt and oats and mix until well combined
- Lastly add in 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chips and mix until combined. Put dough in fridge to chill as your oven preheats.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with parchment and take out your cookie dough
- Using a 1 inch cookie scoop, scoop out your dough balls and don’t be stingy with your scoop. I did 6 dough balls per sheet
- Top each cookie dough blob with a few extra chocolate chips and bake for about 15-20 minutes until edges are lightly browned and chocolate melts ontop
- When cookies are done, salt and let cool then devour!!!
where do witches bake their cookies?
In a coven.